Maybe the lesson is to know your market. "Most people" are not audiophiles, and "most people" probably have a taste for how music should sound. Credit Bose for figuring out what people like, and tailoring their product to provide it. The fact that they can do it with pedestrian components is a feather in their cap (and a plus to their bottom line).