For example we have 3 large lakes in my town and lots of condos and one of the condo sites has light poles right outside in front and behind the units so we deployed 6 E500 units 2 of which are connected to routers for access. Which we installed at the pole with a small nema enclosure for power and switching and each meshed unit just had Poe injector in a smaller sched80 enclosure at the base of each pole where one was installed for mesh.

It was really neat to mesh all of the radios using the 5Ghz radio which I placed on its own vlan then did separate vlans for both the 2.4 and 5Ghz ssids. I then enabled Wan and subscriber limits on each of the APs for not only throughput but also the number of devices that can connect. I also used the enhanced roaming feature.

There are some other features these things have I found to be useful such as the Off channel scanning and interference channel scan. These greatly help with noise floor and smoother connections.

On 1/11/19 2:11 PM, Donnie McCorkle wrote:

Thanks Dave.. that helps me understand.

Donnie

*From:* AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> *On Behalf Of *David M
*Sent:* Thursday, January 10, 2019 8:36 PM
*To:* af@af.afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Managed whole house mesh wifi

Heres How we do it..

I have come from a long time ago internet age as some of us here are. I pre-fer to let the E400/E410/E600 do all the dirty work for wifi.

The R2xx series are just that simple SOHO routers they do not have the ability as I know to mesh with the enterprise line of cnpilot.

I usually will let the R2xx series do all the gateway stuff and turn off its wifi and use a small poe switch to plug the E4xx series into.

depending if separate nets for vlans are needed the we move to a mikrotik for doing the fancy routing and firewalling.

Most of the time homes that are a little larger than 2500sqft will only need one E400 centrally located so EZPZ install the R200 with a POE for the E4xx series and rock on.

We just got in our first E430 wall plate so excited to see what it carries in features, but I can say so far after looking at it Cambium has thought of a few gotchas from past devices that imitate it.