Yeah, BF2 Bad company servers have this and a few have a limit as to how many TKs you get before they just kick you from the server.

On 1/28/19 4:57 PM, Adam Moffett wrote:
Friendly fire is on for realism.  It's so you have to check your targets and not just turn every corner already shooting, nor can you use grenades indiscriminately.

As to why they do it, sometimes you can see them losing their temper at a teammate over some perceived slight then they pop a few rounds into their buddy.  Sometimes it's retaliation for being killed by their teammate.  Every now and then you get some person who joins the game seemingly just to silently shoot their own team in the back.  I don't know what motivates that last person. Maybe they're an enraged adolescent who feels powerless in real life and thrills in exercising power over another person even if it's in a trivial way......or maybe he's just a dick.

I mostly play older games now, like Day of Defeat.  The community is a lot smaller and everyone is more polite.