I wonder what the statute of limitations is for grand theft auto. You filed a report. The police talked to the owner? The bike was found at the location. Sounds like pretty good evidence of theft.. Or at least lying to the police in an investigation...? And yeah, not worth the hassle or the karma..

On 02/05/2019 10:08 AM, Cameron Crum wrote:
I had a similar thing happen a few years ago. A good friend lost his job, then another, then his wife left him. He ended up losing his house and his car during that time as well and needed transportation to both get to his part time manual labor job and to go to interviews. I have an older Buell S1 White Lightning motorcycle that is really just a toy for me, so I lent it to him. He finally got another good job and told me he was taking it in to get new tires and a new head gasket as it started leaking a bit while he was driving it. Fair enough. He had a shop come pick it up and several months later I asked him about the bike. He was still struggling financially and the bill was about $1000 but was too embarrassed to tell me. I told him to just tell me where it was and I would go get it. When I went to the shop, they denied having it, or having ever had it. He went with me and they still denied it. I filed a police report but nothing ever came of it. 3 years later, I get a letter in the mail asking me to release my claim on the title as they wanted to sell the bike. A new owner of the shop had come in and "found" the bike and had a buyer for it. I got the bike back, but someone had laid it down, broken the tail lights off and messed up the carburetor. But, I'm happy to have my bike back if for nothing else than the sentimental value I have for it as I bought it with cash off the showroom in 1998 after completing my first international engineering contract. Sometimes, things just go your way.

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 11:56 AM Cameron Crum <cc...@murcevilo.com <mailto:cc...@murcevilo.com>> wrote:

    That is a great story.

    On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 6:53 AM Chuck McCown <ch...@wbmfg.com
    <mailto:ch...@wbmfg.com>> wrote:

        It is nice.  They are literally across the freeway from me.  But
        it is like having the cocaine factory next door to the addict.
        *From:* Jason McKemie
        *Sent:* Friday, February 01, 2019 8:27 PM
        *To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
        *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] karma
        I wish we had a Richie Bros around here, pretty much worth
        traveling for.

        On Friday, February 1, 2019, <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:

            Talking about AnimalFarm and my former relationship with
            Beehive, made me think about sharing the following:
            Some of you know some of the details of the last 5 years of
            my life.
            I had a very very nice settlement, cannot talk about it due
            to the secrecy agreement I signed.  But there are a few
            things that have happened since the settlement that I can
            talk about.
            The three young fellows, guys I hired, guys I gave equity
            to,  that saw an opening to not only throw me out the window
            but to keep me out forever.... all got fired last summer.
            Then this week, I discovered their former employer is suing
            them for embezzlement.  I would not have wished any of that
            on them but I do still have somewhat fresh knife wounds in
            my back.
            When they threw me out, they decided to sub everything out
            rather than do their own construction.  So they took most of
            the collection of toys I had assembled over many years to
            Richie Brothers.
            Last week we saw a fiber figure 8 machine for sale.  $700
            Turns out to be the very one I bought off of ebay in my
            previous life.   The guy that bought it got it as part of a
            lot and never used it.  It has some fiber on it.  Still has
            a Beehive logo on the side...
            This morning I spliced a pigtale onto a strand of the 72
            count microfiber and shot it with the OTDR.... 6500 feet of
            good fiber came with it. $3250 worth of fiber....
            Sure glad my youngest son is vigilant in reading the KSL
            classifieds.
            Some days I feel like a modern day Job.  (as in Jobe, from
            the Old Testament).  That story did have a good ending you
            know...