One gotcha I found with my taxes (when doing the estimates for the
extension) is that many preparers and tax software don't handle the
pass-through entity deduction correctly.

If you have a s-corp or a partnership or a LLC or similar which passes
through it's income to you, then in many cases up to 20% of this can
be written off regardless of what else is going on on your return.
I.E. it's a separate deduction from either your standard or itemized
deduction.

I though I was getting hit really hard until I figured out that this
hadn't been applied correctly.

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 8:32 PM Ken Hohhof <af...@kwisp.com> wrote:

> All state and local taxes (SALT) limited to $10K deduction so income tax,
> sales tax, and property tax.  Trust me, it's not hard to exceed $10K in
> property taxes alone.  Also property tax is typically local, not state, and
> in many areas is the primary means of funding public schools.
>
> Real estate tax on farmland used for crops and livestock is still 100%
> deductible.

- Forrest