It probably doesn't help that Electricity is actually electron flow, which comes from the negative terminal. It all would have been so much easier if they had called electrons positive, so that the actual flow matched the theoretical flow.

Instead, some probably think of electricity flowing from the positive terminal, when in fact it is the sink, not the source.