So something on the customer's network is requesting that data stream. I
mean, personally, the process of elimination with the customer seems a
whole lot easier then getting in contact with Akamai, but that is just me.

I would go as far as changing the wireless credentials on the router,
unplug everything, and then plug everything back in one at a time/connect
everything one at a time until the stream resumes.