Awesome info, thanks!!

Where are you getting the Shireen hybrid fiber cable and what is the part
number for that?

Definitely need that.

From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Josh Baird
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 1:58 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] UPS and DC to DC conversion

Our typical setup medium sized sites is:

Traco TSP-360-148 (360W @ 48V)
Traco TSP-BCM48A (we usually put a string of 4 12-33ah 12V batteries on these)

For very small sites, where we only need (or can fit) 1 12V battery, but still
require 48VDC, we do:

Meanwell SDR-240-48
Traco TSP-BCMU (good for ~220W, can output either 24VDC or 48VDC with a single
12VDC battery.. we usually put a single 18-33ah battery on these)

Voltage drop obviously depends on length of the run, but you should be able to
easily calculate that.  We usually adjust our PSU's (at the bottom) to ~54VDC
and we typically see ~49-51VDC at the top.  Yes, you can tweak the output of
both the Meanwell and the Traco to compensate for voltage drop if needed.

We use a Shireen hybrid fiber cable which has a 12AWG pair for DC.  We use
these up to 200ft or so.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 3:47 PM Sterling Jacobson