  From: TJ Trout
  To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
  Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 3:59 AM
  Subject: [AFMUG] Wisp value

  I've been mentoring a friend of mine, he's young and rather ambitious. He
started out his 'wisp' using a residential cable connection, I've helped him
for basically free for the last three years grow his base to 250 customers, he
just last week acquired a failing wisp with 65 subs on a no money down, pay us
a commission basis. I've been managing most of his core network and providing
him IPv4 and transit for a steal of a price, I even loaned him a substantial
amount of cash recently to buy a bunch of surplus equipment. Well anyway I
guess he got caught with another women and his wife is demanding he shut down
or sell the wisp for whatever reason, he called and put this all on my plate
today.

  Instead of offering to sell me the company (I don't really want it) he tellse
that he's going to try selling to a local competitor whom I consider slightly a
better personal than a child molester.

  So anyway I'll try to stop rambling, what's a wisp Worth these days? Gross
revenue for a year is what I figure (max) with his all used ubnt equipment?

  The other dilemma is that he's about 3 months behind on his transit and his
note is due for repayment Monday ~$15k total.

  I need a way to ensure I get paid current and I don't let him get behind
during the 'sale'. I was thinking to quit being the nice guy and demand the
past due balance + the note in full + 3 months transit in advance so I don't
get screwed during the sale process if he gets behind again. I don't know if he
can even come up with the money and my only leverage is to turn his port
down... I have a strange feeling he may try to stall me as long as possible
until the competition can thing in transit and run off without paying the
bill....

  Sorry for he rant, just sick of helping people because every time I do I end
up regretting it.

  TJ