From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Nate Burke
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2019 7:56 AM
To: Animal Farm <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: [AFMUG] Tracking Down Licensed Noise

In my ongoing saga of troubleshooting an 18ghz link, we think we're pretty
sure the issue we are having now is Noise.  From around 7am - noon or 1pm,
the background noise on my Horizontal polarity goes to about -81.  Has
anyone had to troubleshoot finding the source of noise on a licensed
channel?  Do you just start contacting everyone on the same channel within a
few miles and see if they will disable their transmitter to see if it goes
away?

We have found 2 other licenses which are pointing kind of at us.  If I point
my dish (in RX only mode) at one of the transmitters, which is 10 degrees
off my path (I am 4 degrees off their path), I hear it at -70

The Other license is for one of the Day Traders.  The GPS Coordinates in the
License put it 20 degrees off my path, I know there is no dish where the GPS
Coordinates say.  However, if it's where I think it might be (on a pole on
the other end of the building), then it's basically pointing at me.
Although, with it being a Day trader, there's a good chance it was never
installed, or has been decommissioned.  Those guys throw licenses and dishes
up and down like yesterdays fashions.

Any Tips for the next step?