Who would want fiber when you can get <drumroll> 5G!

From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Chuck McCown
Sent: Saturday, September 7, 2019 10:07 AM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Fiber

Having run both for decades, I would say that there probably have been more
gopher and backhoe hits on the fiber than there have been failures on the
microwaves.  We did space diversity systems and sometimes multi band bonded
microwave systems too.  Pretty danged reliable.  If you have spare parts you
can restore them pretty quick unless you need a helicopter, which I did far too
many times.

The helicopter trips were always due to off grid solar issues, never the
microwave.

But I still avoid microwave due to bandwidth.  Fiber is virtually infinite.
Now-a-days I have people asking for 100G circuits.