Me Likey alot!

Anxious to see all the new stuff this year.

Dave

On 10/8/19 5:55 PM, Forrest Christian (List Account) wrote:
In addition to my SNMP response, I just remembered there was something else I wanted to add.

In re: the base II, if you're comfortable and familiar with the way it works, there is right now little reason to upgrade.  That's why we're not discontinuing it immediately. One of the vendors we use uses the phrase "Customer Driven Obsolescence", which is what we're going to do with the Base II.   We have a few products like this in our inventory - they go from very well stocked, to limited stock, to build to order, and at some point we look and say 'we haven't sold any (or 1 or 2) in the last year, we're just going to stop offering them'.

But for new users, the Base 3 is much simpler to use interface wise, and the SNMP is a lot easier to grasp due to the MIBS.   Plus I've got things like scripting and on-device logging/graphing on the roadmap (not committing to a timeline yet - treat these two as vaporware right now).

The last year or so we've taken to hiding the base unit and similar sort of in the back of the booth and we show off the rackinjector since we know how hard the base II can be for the newer generation of users we are seeing.   Those of us who have been around the block a few times can use either, but the base 3 is a lot easier to deal with interface wise.