I go to a conference every year put on by Microchip Technologies where a
lot of us who use Microchip microcontrollers take classes put on often by
the people who are designing the actual products we're using.

Like every other conference, a big part is to meet and discuss things with
other attendees.   I always love when I end up sitting at a table by people
who do high-powered motor control, typically brushless anymore.   They
always have good stories to tell.

Apparently you've never experienced life until you have your code
unintentionally attempt to lock a rotor on a very very big DC motor.   The
stories about having a motor self-destruct on a test rig as a result are
just scary.   I think I can skip that portion of my life experience....
thank you very much.   I do enough unintentional destruction of electronics
myself without needing to add shrapnel to the mix.

- Forrest