Well, there is simple redundancy. If they disagree, switch to manual. Then there is the voting option.

On 11/12/2019 9:12 AM, Ken Hohhof wrote:

Seems like you’d need at least 3 sensors so you could do a vote, otherwise how do you know which sensor to believe?

From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Bill Prince
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:03 AM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT bad stock tips

It was more than just software. AOA sensors can malfunction. The mere fact they made AOA sensor redundancy optional opened the door to this fiasco.

The other issue that doesn't get enough attention is pilot training/proficiency. When automatic systems hit boundary conditions, it helps to know what your options are.