Ummm, a roof that is partially falling down, yeah, maybe a brace for a tower but not something I would hang gear on and worry about how to get power to...  was there an "LOL" missing?

On 11/17/19 7:49 AM, Matt Hoppes wrote:
How is that totally blocked?  I can see the roof and a food portion of it?

On Nov 17, 2019, at 10:43 AM, Ken Hohhof <af...@kwisp.com <mailto:af...@kwisp.com>> wrote:

Actually it’s more the people on low ground with big trees 360 degrees that don’t have LOS to anything.  If they want to build a 100 ft tower, we can get them service.  So you could call it a last mile problem, but not in the sense you probably mean it.  More of a chainsaw problem.

They just took for granted that Metronet was nice enough to run fiber down the street where they used to live, but I’ll bet there were more than 2 houses per mile there.  At their new house they have well and septic and a propane tank, maybe they also need to pay for satellite TV and learn to program the DVR.  The elderly couple they bought the house from probably didn’t need superfast Internet.

Example, the photo I’m attaching.  Of the telephoto photos from all 3 of our nearby towers, this is the only thing we could see.  Their house is totally blocked, because they are on low ground surrounded by trees.  This is the peak of an old 40 ft barn with a steep roof that has huge holes that have fallen in only the top of the barn roof is visible in the photo).

They can see the southern sky and could get Hughesnet.  Or wait for LEO service.  Or for the government to pay for fiber.

*From:* AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com <mailto:af-boun...@af.afmug.com>> *On Behalf Of *Mike Hammett
*Sent:* Sunday, November 17, 2019 8:52 AM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com <mailto:af@af.afmug.com>>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] tired of entitled streamers

Where is your pain point? Last mile, middle mile, something else?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions <http://www.ics-il.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL><https://plus.google.com/+IntelligentComputingSolutionsDeKalb><https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-computing-solutions><https://twitter.com/ICSIL>