LOL
I know your pain.. retirement city on the rise.
Cant have a zombie apocalypse soon enough....

On 11/16/19 11:31 AM, Ken Hohhof wrote:

Anybody else losing their patience with streamers?

The people who just moved from somewhere they had gigabit fiber to the middle of nowhere in a low spot surrounded by tons of trees, and say they stream all their TV on 3-4 screens at the same time.

I want to yell at them, if you had affordable blazing fast Internet, and it’s that important to you, why did you move?  And if you had to move, why didn’t you move to a nice suburb with fiber or at least cable?  And why do you have to stream everything?  You could get satellite TV.  Yes, it’s expensive, get over it.  You could put up a TV antenna.  You could get DVDs by mail.  Or if moving to the country was so important, you could go out on the ATV or horse or snowmobile, or go hunting, or feed the chickens and mini goats.  If they’re streaming all the time, I have to suspect the reason for moving to Green Acres was to save on property taxes, and the reason for streaming is to avoid paying $200/month to DirecTV or DISH.

It’s gotten so  bad, a significant number of prospective customers say they only want Internet to stream, anything else they can do on their phone.  And when a streaming subscription is sub $10 (or free with Amazon Prime), they’re thinking Internet is like shipping, it shouldn’t cost more than the item being delivered.

I know, “OK boomer”.