That does work, but I had to turn off the 3D Buildings layer as well.

The color of the polygon has to contrast with the roads which are white and yellow.  I'll remember this.  Probably going to be a useful hack someday.

Thanks.

On 11/18/2019 2:28 PM, Matt Corcoran wrote:

The skyview is the bottom layer,  so if you create an opaque polygon overtop of the entire area and set it to the bottom layer you will only see roads/names and your pins/polygons.

*Matt*

*From: *AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> on behalf of Steve Jones <thatoneguyst...@gmail.com>
*Date: *Monday, November 18, 2019 at 12:55 PM
*To: *AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
*Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] google earth printing and grouping

this is what we did then took a paper cleaver to tape it together manually.

turns out GE is not god for this project, we needed the roads and not the terrain

I cant find any way to get GE to just do the roads and not satellite imagery

We exported to Google Maps, which does it nice (labels dont show)

even lets me do a square lasso, but doesnt let me do anything with multiples