On 12/16/19 6:26 PM, Adam Moffett wrote:
The one I can print out a report from and hand to the customer's IT guy and say, "See?  This connections works perfectly.  Check your own stuff."

Both a certifier and a qualifier can do that, but one is far more expensive than the other and the level of detail differs. I have a Fluke CableIQ qualifier that I use on a regular basis. Every time I get a complaint about a cable I test it and give them a PDF report. If it fails I'll fix it, if it passes I still give them the option to rerun the cable but they pay for the work.