Mark is right, I was being nice.

As far as advance replacement, I believe there is an additional warranty you
can purchase to get that.  Haven’t done it, so can’t comment.

There is some period of time after shipment, I think 30 or 45 days or
something, where they will treat it as a DOA and just replace it.  If you buy a
bunch of radios and then a bunch of dishes and then have tower climbers put
them up on towers when weather permits, it’s easy to have a couple months pass
before you realize you got a bad radio.  Then you can be looking at 2-3 months
turnaround because they treat it as an in-warranty repair.  And honestly, if it
was DOA, I really don’t want it repaired, I want a radio that was good out of
the box.

I was lazy about bench testing the radios because the first couple years I
never got a bad one.  Then in 2019 I had two bad ones, and even though I had
purchased a spare link, the bad ones were either both High or both Low.

Once they work, I haven’t had any die so far.  I have 6 PTP820S links and 2
PTP820C links in service.  All 11 GHz except one 6 GHz.  Not a huge number of
them, but we’re small.  We also have some older Trango and Exalt links.