So, the two radios seem to be pretty similar as far as features and price
go (looks like Aviat may be a bit cheaper, but I'd have to look closer at
what all is included as far as warranty, etc on each).

The main advantages for Aviat seem to be a bit better system gain, and a
better/longer track record.
The main advantages for Bridgewave seem to be the ability to use a single
unit for a high or low spare, and the fact that you can buy them through
normal distribution channels (that may or may not matter).