I'd say I have the technical ability to do something other than Calix but
you are correct, I do not have the desire to do anything else.

I'm busy adding revenue into the company by upgrading the network,
increasing plan prices, adding TV & Phone, targeting business customers,
etc. All of this is way more important to grow the business than trying to
come up with our own Management router platform. It would only hurt us to
not use something like Calix that works out of the box. I suggest you try
to think less like a techie/geek and more like a business person who likes
profit. This would change your mindset I think into using easy management
platforms that cost a little money. We pay $0.51 per month/sub for Calix
Cloud which is extremely affordable to me. For that small amount, I don't
need any servers, VM's, or coding knowledge.