I don't think anyone WANTS to stick with Part 90, it's just that 2 months isn't
enough time to transition a bunch of sites and customers.  The starting line
moved like 5 years and the finish line didn't move.

-----Original Message-----
From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Adam Moffett
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2020 1:20 PM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] FCC 3.5 GHz Spectrum Auction 105

In CBRS you'll get higher EIRP, you'll no longer have the +2dbm Tx limit on
mobile devices, and you'll have access to 3x the spectrum.  Overall you'd much
rather operate under the CBRS rules

The main reason a person might prefer NN is they don't have to pay for the SAS.

In theory you could argue that a grandfathered NN license protects you from
interference from a CBRS operator, but a person better make sure they don't
have any of those "bodies in the trunk" if they try to call the FCC for help
with that. We'd also likely be stuck with old equipment in that case.  If we
use the advantages of the new rules then it's hard to argue that we should be
protected by the old license, and if we're using old Wimax gear with our old
license then we'll be less competitive than someone with modern electronics,
another 100mhz, and 8 or 10 more db in the link budget.

In my opinion NN is dead already, regardless of what year a specific license
expires.

RIP NN