Where we live, it only takes one round to take down a deer. That's good for a while.

On 3/13/2020 6:33 AM, Carl Peterson wrote:
Depends on the rounds.  For awhile I was stuck with an M249 (I was aviation so that was an extra crap assignment vs a 9 mil or M16) and we carried 800 rounds.  Same 5.56 as an M16, just on a belt in a cartridge.

And yes, stocking up on ammunition is moronic behavior.  Spend the money on some extra dry goods you could share with your neighbors in the event that they need help.  WWJD