Oh interesting.

On 3/18/2020 1:40 PM, can...@believewireless.net wrote:
We are pretty much a commercial-only WISP and our bandwidth has been cut in half.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 1:21 PM Ken Hohhof <af...@kwisp.com <mailto:af...@kwisp.com>> wrote:

    Kind of the same here, peaks not that much higher, but heavy usage
    all day.  Companies are still sending more people to work from
    home, and I'm starting to get calls from people trying to save big
    files to the shared drive at the office (over a VPN which adds
    overhead) and saying something must be wrong because it's taking 5
    minutes to save a file.

    I don't think upstream bandwidth is an issue for the kids watching
    Disney+ or even the ones actually doing schoolwork. But a lot of
    people working from home seem to have a workflow that involves
    download a huge file, edit it, upload the changed file, and given
    that the Internet is pretty much built to deliver Netflix, they
    are running out of upload bandwidth.

    I'm not sure that is something we can dramatically change.  I
    mean, we've got upstream bandwidth sitting unused on our licensed
    backhauls and our upstream provider connections, but not on the
    last mile connections.  And it's not just WISPs. The Internet is
    built for downloading.

    I would probably work on another task while the previous one was
    uploading, but that apparently doesn't work for most people.  I
    could also wish for IT departments to use more of an
    edit-it-in-the-cloud approach like Google Sheets, but a lot of
    these people literally got told to pack up their work computers in
    their cars and take them home.  And everything was set up for an
    office LAN environment.