From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Steve Jones
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 2:27 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: [AFMUG] Free standing 25g on roof (one section)

Working on a possible project and limiting to inventory on hand. We may want to
put some EPMP clusters on a piece of 25g on some roofs. 2 of the roofs may be
problematic as they are steel commercial roof with a pitch and steel ridgecap.

We have a pile of 25g sections on hand and a handful of baseplates. on the flat
roofs I could probably just frame out a ballast tray from angle iron and fasten
the baseplate right to that couldnt I? 10 foot freestanding

A peak sled could be fashioned over the steel roofs, maybe, but historically we
tend to just stay off steel altogether, especially if its pitched.

Aside from chuck, who can make everything. out of normal onhand items most of
us have in the dead junk rooms, how would you get 10' sticks of 25g to stay put
with that kind of wind load? We have been deploying 3k sectors with the smart
antennas, but i think in this projects case i would forego them to limit
windload.

Most of these roofs are relatively short, 20-40'