I remember a civil engineer lamenting the award of some enormous project to
the Chinese over a US company. I want to say it was some gigantic structure
(maybe a bridge?) in Seattle. The engineer was stating that due to the
scale of the project new facilities and equipment would have to be built to
build the end result. He said that this one award would setup China's
ability to be the single awardee for projects of this scale for generations
to come as their capital advantage would be unbeatable.

So, thats part of it. As a nation, we are no longer capable of seeing past
the SEC 10-Q's to make generational based decisions which provide long term
advantages to our country, communities, and shareholders. The Chinese have
no such difficulty.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 10:40 AM Ken Hohhof <af...@kwisp.com> wrote:

> https://www.vox.com/2020/4/22/21228469/marc-andreessen-build-government-coronavirus
>

> If you consider Ezra Klein biased or too political, you can go directly to
> Marc Andreessen’s essay.  But I read the Klein article and it didn’t seem
> biased, in the sense that it pretty much blames everybody equally.  Where
> is the problem?  We are the problem.  We are all the problem.
>

> https://a16z.com/2020/04/18/its-time-to-build/
>

> I guess it resonates with me, because I do find myself asking why can’t we
> do big things anymore?  Or solve big problems?  Where is our Panama Canal,
> or Hoover Dam, or eliminating polio?  Is Fortnite or Tik-Tok the best we
> dan do?

Lewis Bergman
325-439-0533 Cell