I have never used chains on a steel pole.  I have on wooden poles.

From: Jaime Solorza
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2020 11:32 AM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Stainless banding - Time Sensitive Question

Chains work as well

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020, 10:52 AM Steve Jones <thatoneguyst...@gmail.com> wrote:

  nm on the bading slits, i was looking at it backward and thought he was using
bands instead of ubolts

  On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 11:50 AM Steve Jones <thatoneguyst...@gmail.com>
wrote:

    unless those have banding slits cut in them, he may want to put some
mattresses on the ground to catch the radios when the bands tear.

    That being said, assuming hes using the 3/4-1 inch bands and the style we
used to use, yes, you hammer the clamps. its kind of like kneading dough, you
have to roll them with the hammer. I havent used that tool in like 8 years
though