Which CDNs require it?

I know Google, Apple and Netflix don’t matter they use the source IP of the
requestor not the DNS.
Akamai is still old-school hasn’t figured out this new-generation of DNS like
the new kids on the block have.
However, with Akamai pulling all their caches that are serving <10G from ISPs,
I dont know if it makes that much difference any more since they’re not going
to be hitting my non-existent local Akamai cache.