I don’t see any reason it wouldn’t work.   For what it’s worth the ‘correct’
vehicle for this is a ’Telstra’ or ‘Placer’ style of boom truck.   These are
the trucks that have a boom that can accept the side loading of pulling cable
while being driven down the road with a person in the bucket.   Obviously they
do not use outriggers for stability in this type of truck.   There is an
intercom in the bucket that is always on to talk to the driver.   These truck
are NOT insulated booms.

As others have mentioned you always need to be aware of power, but I would not
be concerned about doing it with a uninsulated lift as ‘uninsulated’ is the
standard method anyway.

Only other issue I could think of would be your state requirements for
machinery on roads and if they would accept a manlift.   Don’t really see why
they wouldn’t as long as you are following rules on traffic control and
lighting.

Mark