mostly the one on top

On 4/29/20 9:06 AM, Mike Hammett wrote:
I think you hit the nail on the head. Many problems are tolerable if the money saved is enough. When the savings diminishes, are the problems still tolerable?

Ubiquiti has some great people working there, but they also have a lot of bozos. Those bozos keep getting in the way.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions <http://www.ics-il.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL><https://plus.google.com/+IntelligentComputingSolutionsDeKalb><https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-computing-solutions><https://twitter.com/ICSIL>
Midwest Internet Exchange <http://www.midwest-ix.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/mdwestix><https://www.linkedin.com/company/midwest-internet-exchange><https://twitter.com/mdwestix>
The Brothers WISP <http://www.thebrotherswisp.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/thebrotherswisp>

<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXSdfxQv7SpoRQYNyLwntZg>
*From: *"Robert" <i...@avantwireless.com>
*To: *af@af.afmug.com
*Sent: *Wednesday, April 29, 2020 10:10:16 AM
*Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] Airfiber 11 radios

I think people were used to Ubnt being the disrupter. 1/10th the cost of prior wireless gear (ptp's were 10K for the same speed as a 5Ghz 100mb/s link).   The market adapted, now they are fractionally better instead of an order of magnitude on price and their shortcomings on reliability and s/w became less tolerable at that difference.  If LTU fixes all the shortcomings then fractionally cheaper will be a winner for apples and apples devices..