I have used HDhomerun for years now you can run the recording software on a PC or it integrates with most DVR platforms MythTV, Plex, Kodi, etc.

On 5/17/2020 7:39 PM, ch...@wbmfg.com wrote:
I had the tivo for quite some time until it quit working and I didn’t want to spend the money for another one. I switched to airTV and then converted it to Sling.  It is buggy.  Does not always record what you tell it to, it will not allow fast forward on local channels and the audio level is much higher than all my other hdmi inputs like Roku. So looking again for an ATA receiver.  Walmart has a really low cost unit that can record if you connect an external drive.  It allows time shift etc. Does not stream over you network, you will have to have it connected to your display.  And you will have to feed it an RF TV signal.  But the whole streaming over the network by Tivo and Sling/AirTV has not exactly been flawless. Anyone using anything else they really like?  One of my larger spots in the house to watch TV has a large monitor with no F connector.  So I need something there.  I would like something with a channel guide so that is one thing Sling does for me.

--

Trey Scarborough
VP Engineering