Tablo has a 1-day program guide without subscription. The Channel Master has a 2 week program guide (and a search function), but is not a network recorder. I think the capability to be a network recorder is in the Channel Master, but they've never exploited it.

On 5/18/2020 9:55 AM, Mathew Howard wrote:
If I remember correctly, Tablo has a subscription fee... last I looked the Amazon thing looked the most promising for a multi-tv system.

I have an AirTV and an AirTV player (although I'm not sure if they still make that or not). The airtv obviously has some problems... the AirTV Player has the same interface, but it's not a networked tuner (it's basically just an AndroidTV box with a USB tuner) and it seems a lot more reliable, and it can pause live TV.

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 11:43 AM <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:
I will wait for someone else to try Tablo and report to us.

Sent: Monday, May 18, 2020 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT OTA receivers

Lewis, your "Amazon OTA DVR", is that the FireTV you're talking about?

Has anyone looked at the Tablo? It looks like it has 4 tuners, and is described as a "whole house DVR". It has no HDMI; presumably you need a smart TV or some other thing to stream things over the local LAN. It does require an external drive, but does not require a subscription (unless you want to stream from off-site). It also says it has "automatic commercial skip".