If you mean because of the Internet then I agree with that.  I asked an astronomy question on Quora and an actual astronomer answered it.  That kind of direct access to information and expertise is amazing.  On the other hand, since anyone can put anything out there a lot of fringe people are finding and supporting each other.

Holocaust deniers sure, but also every other brand of idiocy like homeopathy, magic rocks, antivax, neonazi's, etc.

On 6/12/2020 1:15 PM, Robert wrote:
I worked on the Stanford campus in the 70's..  saw and talked to Shockley on a semi-daily basis.  Had no idea of the idiocy that he supported.  Just seemed like a very aloof guy but liked to chat...  Yeah we are in an age where these people are getting to say what they used to have to hide...

On 6/12/20 9:11 AM, Ken Hohhof wrote:

Professors are a mixed lot.  I took a course from this guy, who apparently is still teaching although he would be well into his 80’s now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Butz

I had no idea at the time he was a Holocaust denier.  I’ve never understood those people – my dad was in the Army in WWII and participated in liberating some concentration camps.  I mean, it’s a freakin’ fact, how can you deny facts.  Anyway, my recollection of Professor Butz was I had a friend who kept writing the name as “Prof. Butts” on his assignments and tests.  We kept telling him it was spelled Butz but he thought we were joking.  Brings new meaning to the expression “butt of a joke”.

*From:* AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> *On Behalf Of *Robert
*Sent:* Friday, June 12, 2020 10:54 AM
*To:* af@af.afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] RV Park Fiber

Were you in the same class as I was?   We had the same professor, I think..  Drove me off the deep end...  Specially when he blocked the equations with his body as he erased!!   But we had this one other assoc-prof..   Name of Jim Clark..  He was wild, specially when he went into game theory and betting systems..  Yep that Clark.   Worked for him 20 years later...