I am replacing some 450 AP's with 450i so I can utilize 40mhz channels and
a little better throughput. Currently All my 450m AP and 450 and 450i Ap's
are synced to 15 miles, 75% and 6 contention slots. Everything is happily
humming along with these settings. Easy enough to duplicate at 40mhz And
call it good. But I like to try to squeeze as much throughput as I can out
my network.
With the replacement, I am curious if I were to go to 5 ms frames on the
AP's, how the heck do I sync the settings? It seems impossible as the start
and end Slots have basically doubled when going to 5.0 ms frames.
I have within earshot of this site about 10- 450m AP's spread out over
15-20 miles. They don't do 5.0 ms, so I am wondering if I am going down a
rabbit hole...
Has anyone colocated AP's with mixed frames? Does it work? I also have 2
ePMP 2000 AP's at this site as well to add to the fun...

Thanks

*Sam Lambie*
Taosnet Wireless Tech.
575-758-7598 Office