From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of David Coudron
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2020 2:11 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] EPMP and Nested DHCP Option82

I might be mis-remembering how our stuff is set up, but I don't think the
Mikrotiks write anything back to Sonar.   Basically, we assign an IP to a
MAC in Sonar.   That is written to the DHCP server in Mikrotik (basically
create a DHCP reservation).   Client radio connects and the DHCP request is
forwarded to the Tik with the DHCP server running.   The Tik assigns the IP
and away we go.   Sonar doesn't know about successful DHCP assignment or
not, we always check the DHCP server to see if it is Waiting, Offered, or
Bound.   But ours might be quite a bit different without Option 82.

David Coudron