I've found armored cable virtually impossible to do a quality termination on. I've wondered if it would be better to terminate them "close" to the endpoint with a small punch block inside an enclosure, then finish the job with something a bit easier to do a decent RJ45 termination on?

Something  like this: https://www.zoro.com/hubbell-premise-wiring-wiring-block-6-pair-6-x-6-block-size-hpw66b36/i/G1448291/feature-product?utm_source=google&utm_medium=surfaces&utm_campaign=shopping%20feed&utm_content=free%20google%20shopping%20clicks