The wife and I were checking into a hotel for my oldest sons graduation.   The
desk clerk asked what we were celebrating and I said my sons graduation.

She asked what we were getting him for a graduation present.

The wife and I both look at each other kind of dumbfounded.   Shit, we were
supposed to get him a graduation present?

I threw out “No student debt?” and both the clerk and the other person behind
the desk asked if we would adopt them :-)

Mark