Exactly

On 11/8/2020 4:28 PM, Matt Hoppes wrote:
Absolutely nothing amazing.

The worse clients would suffer a bit while the good clients would excel.

On Nov 8, 2020, at 4:11 PM, Jeremy Grip <g...@nbnworks.net> wrote:

I wonder what things would look like if I had 20 customers/sector and connected a few clients down to -80 (rssi).

*From:* AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> *On Behalf Of *Mathew Howard
*Sent:* Sunday, November 08, 2020 4:00 PM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] LTE vendors

What people are saying is the -100 RSRP is equivalent of -70 RSSI. It sounds impressive when you hear that LTE will work at -100, but in reality, it's roughly the same as something else working at -70, which really isn't impressive.

The supposed magical nlos qualities of LTE really aren't all that useful unless you intend to run very lightly loaded sectors, since modulation levels are still going to suffer at low signal levels (working and working well are two different things). CBRS does have a significant EIRP advantage over the other bands though, but I suspect that on a real world network, 450 is almost always going to work better, and you're certainly going to have a lot fewer headaches to deal with.