I’m told some states give their homeless residents one way trips to hawaii, so
it’s no longer "their problem". Hawaii hates it though. So now, I read that
Hawaii is giving those same homeless one way tickets back.

I also remember reading in 2008 or so during the recession, when Spain had like
25% unemployment, that they were giving their immigrants one way tickets back
to their home country.