Genuine question, I always here about Millions/Billions of Dollars being spent on Elections. Where does that money go? $14B spent on the last election. Is there a new billionaire somewhere relaxing on his yacht now?

I understand most goes to advertising. So that's like what, 6 networks/corporations. But I don't' remember hearing anything about 'Media company posts record profits this quarter' It's like the money just disappears, never to be heard about again, and the poor media companies are barely making ends meet.