I'm tired of customer calls about Zoom classes freezing.  I don't get that
many of them, but they go on FOREVER, and the customers keep stressing that
we MUST fix this because it is so important.  Problem is, everything is fine
with their connection even if we monitor everything in real time down to 1
second resolution, and everything except Zoom is working fine.  And we have
no control over the Chromebook or the customer supplied router, much less
Zoom or the teacher setup.

I got to thinking maybe it is related to the fact that Zoom uses UDP.

Then I found this post, which says the fix is to increase the UDP timeout on
the customer router:

https://forums.att.com/conversations/att-internet-equipment/zoom-freezedrops
-on-1000-mbps-fiber/5ef0cc68917fbb4c31b21f6b

Does that sound reasonable?  It kind of does to me.

However, I perused the user guide for a popular home router (Netgear R7000)
and couldn't find anything about UDP or NAT timeout settings.