What a let down this was. Turns out tracing is a joke. First off, they dont
even make contact with the positive test for 3 to 5 days even though the
money was for within 24 hours. So it essentially pointless as far as
stopping the spread.
They dont ask for much detail, so thes "x infections traced back to Y
event" are pretty much fictitious. I thought it was maybe local to us, nope
pretty much the same way across the board.
We had 8 sick, three positive tests, and only one was actually traced. 6
the seven of us were contacts, the two other positives werent marked
different.
We are almost a week past the quarantine/isolation and still getting the
texts.

The point is, yet again in this, the feds provided a massive amount of
money and guidance, actually bipartisan, and the states fucked it up. I'm
in illinois, so I'm guessing out of every tracing dollar 25 cents when in
our fat emperor, erm governors pocket, and another 25 cents went in speaker
Madigan criminal defense fund. 50 cents went to the tracers, but they
probably have to kick 30 percent back in taxes.

My kids are remote so it's not relevant, but they havent recieved the dept
public health release yet, so I figure the boy wont be able to do his drive
time friday for drivers ed.

What a joke.

Luckily this isnt the death plague they told us it was. Takes a lot to die
of it now and our state numbers are going back down now that the election
celebration infections are subsiding.

Had the states done what they were supposed to, infected people would have
known 3 to 4 days earlier, and the percent that would quarantine would
have.
This is our 3rd verified exposure, first actual contact tracing, the other
two I know for a fact listed us as contacts.

When this is over and the FOIAs start, I'm hoping a lot of state and dept
of health officials spend a ton of time in prison. I'm betting there are a
ton of phones that were "lost" or smashed with hammers when the
investigations start after. Theres a ruthless watchdog group I had to deal
with once, actually forced a multi county health department to split, only
got one person for embezzlement though. But they know the FOIA game well
enough that the health department had to have constant deliveries of
pallets of paper. There were a lot of "early retirements"