The most important and useful stuff I learned was not in school, that is
for sure. Lot's of theory and math to get a degree and get your foot in the
door, but I think most of what I use or have used in my career I learned on
the job or from a mentor. For example, I can guarantee nobody in the
university would have taught me to design antennas using a slot line. Heck,
there were probably only a couple people there who knew what that was even
30 years ago.