In utility pole world, those “sidewalk guys” are sometimes called Queen’s
posts, super common, very strong. They’re normally anchored with 5-6 foot
anchors you twist into the bottom of a hole and fill and compact with rocks.
All cheap and plentiful to buy. Same concept used to rig sailboat masts which
work just fine, even being anchored at multiple points up the mast like 20, 40
feet etc.