From: "Forrest Christian (List Account)" <li...@packetflux.com>
To: "AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group" <af@af.afmug.com>
Sent: Friday, January 8, 2021 6:00:55 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] vmware/veeam alternatives

>From everything I can tell, the predominant choice is ProxMox, most likely
>with a ceph storage backend. I haven't set one up yet, but will probably do so
>in the near future for non-cloud services here (packetflux, not the wisp). I
>just haven't had a chance to take the time to acquire the hardware I want to
>run this on.

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 12:17 AM Steve Jones < thatoneguyst...@gmail.com >
wrote:

Ive been running vmware and veeam forever, i love it, but we are getting priced
out of continuing to use it. upgrading either is always a cumbersome task.

Having been using what is probably the simplest virtualization/backup combo out
there I'm guessing anything we move to will have a massive learning curve for
me,

What combos are out there that dont break the bank and are reliable as this? --

- Forrest