I'm intrigued by mining cryptocurrency to generate heat in my house that pays
for itself.

I understand that there is something called profit switching that changes which
currency is being mined based on profitability.

I understand that ASIC miners are way more profitable.

I understand that algorithm support in ASIC miners varies.

Where can I go to separate the wheat from the chaff? Google returns a lot of
crap.

I understood that you mine the coin, stuff happens, then the coin goes into
your wallet, of whatever type. You then hold it or exchange it for goods or
cash.

What are pools?

What are stratums?

Where can I find more information on asic miners, to find which ones are best
able to generate a return for their cost?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange