Hi,

I'm considering some fixed wireless (TVWS) trials and/or the ability to deliver temporary service where there's no available power source. I've done some basic solar system calculations (and there are plenty of calculators) but I'm looking for some real world pointers from those that have deployed off-grid micro-PoPs.

DC only, no inverters required. We may need 24v PoE and 48v PoE so would a 48v system with step down to 24v be more efficient than 12v or 24v with a step up? Other trade-offs to consider for 12v/24v/48v storage systems?

I don't have actual load measurements yet but at this point I'm currently sizing for a 50w load. The base station and backhaul radios combined should be ~ 30w.

Thanks,
Dave B.