What is your goto mastic product?  What do you order?

From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Steve Jones
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021 3:00 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: [AFMUG] OT: getting old and angry

I think I may be aging out of my job, spend a lot of time too pissed at stuff.

I came across a box of some new stuff the boss ordered for the installer (i
dont know if i ever mentioned i got a "promotion" a few years ago to a
"supervisor" position but got cucked everytime i turned around, I despise
micromanagement). Anyhow in the box was a cool elbow fro protecting cable from
varmints, that was pretty cool, i used to keep pvc and conduit to bend, I
wished i had had something like that when i was installing.
then I see it, i pile of tubes of silicone
FUCKING SILICONE
I despise silicone, it should be banned from the planet, it had its time, like
manual push mowers.
I banned this shit years ago. I put it in the garbage and remind techs to never
use it, if you want caulk, butyl. otherwise always use mastic, it stays
malleable and moves if the hole chnages for nay reason, you can pull it, reuse
it in the hole, you can paint over it, etc. silicone hardens and all you can
ever do is put more silicone on it, and if you ever came in after a guy who
doesnt believe theres such thing as enough silicone you have a half a day jus
getting through it.

A whole box of this shit. I went ballistic. planned to call back the headhunter
tonite to get me a new job, started plotting violence in my head. Almost walked
out.

over silicone.

Pretty sure that level of rage is unhealthy, but so is the amount of bacon and
butter I consume, so it probably evens out.

get off my lawn