The only way I can think of that could work without messing other stuff up, is a narrow beam, straight up.  You'd need to modify the the communication standard for what the cable-TV uses for their CMTS-modems that Hughes and Wild Blue copied.  I think it's an open-standard.  But then there is the expense of keeping the helium in the balloon that is holding your satellite in orbit, keeping the thrusters active to keep your radio up there above your house pointing at you and the expense of re-supply as 90,000 feet still has enough drag to slow your satellite down.  to send it out to 22,000 miles for a stationary orbit is going to add a few $million to the expense of a rocket, but you'll only have to spend that cash once.  Re-supply of a low orbit device would be probably just as expensive.  You would need to invent a very cheap device that you could send up that would have enough power on board to hold a stationary orbit above your house and then you'd still need an internet connection for a backhaul to the satellite.

Of course the government is going to come after you for breaking all kinds of their rules.  What are they going to do, take away your birthday?  I don't think N.Korea asks for permission, nobody has arrested Kim yet.  As far as I know the actual signal necessary to establish a communication to 22,000 miles out is about the same as what a ubnt powerbeam uses to connect to a tower 6 miles away.  I recall reading somewhere that NASA used a .5watt radio on the moon back in 1969 for data, maybe I misremembered that.