We use Request Tracker. It's open source but they do have commercial support or there are 3rd party developers.

At 08:01 PM 3/15/2021, you wrote:
My current "trouble ticketing" system at packetflux that we use for <mailto:cust...@packetflux.com>cust...@packetflux.com continues to irritate me on an intermittent basis.  Just enough to make me want something better, but not enough to piss me off enough to actually switch to something new.

Part of my hesitation is that ticketing systems seem to be like phone systems - that is, once the newness wears off, you find all of the horribleness under the surface.  The one we're using (osticket) seems less horrible than other's we've tried.

I'm wondering if there is something out there that I haven't tried yet which just works.  Is anyone using a general ticketing system (as opposed to something industry-specific) that they're really happy with?

--
- Forrest